Monday, July 1, 2013

Pool Parties

I have to say that pool parties really are a favorite. I had 2 of them on Saturday. It was such a good day. I prayed hard that morning that I would have a good day and not stress about anything. And it was just that, a good, stress-free day. I did almost die at boot camp because it was SO HOT! But I made it out and got through the rest of my day with a happy smile.

My first pool party was with my work. There is ALWAYS good food to be had with these folks and I love them for it. It was so relaxing to just sit by the pool and relax for 5 hours. Carefree and disgustingly full are words that describe it well. :)

Then the second party was a guy in my ward. It was a blast. The guys that were there were hilarious and fun and we all had a great time. I don't know what it is, but every time there is a ball and a guy in the pool, there is always a game of who can catch the ball while jumping off the diving board and doing crazy things. Enjoyable and I was good at it so it was that much more fun. I like not sucking at things.

The best part of the whole day was that I felt good and fine. I wasn't stressed about Craig. I just let it all go. It only lasted until I got to church yesterday, but those 24 hours were very nice.

Friday night I did see him while we were setting up chairs for a funeral of a girl in the ward. I didn't really flirt with him, at all. It was because I wasn't there for him and I wanted to make sure and have that line there for me and for him and for the other guys in the ward. I was there for Valerie and personal reasons. I know that sounds harsh or that I could have flirted with him and still been there to serve, but I needed that black and white line there for me. He left the next day for Oregon. I sent him a text and told him to have fun and be safe. He said thanks and that is the extent of what is happening with him. Something nice came yesterday when I was talking to his roommate and he told me that Craig had said that I was a really great cook. He has never told me this before but he told his roommate. So that's cute. But I am not texting him while he is gone. If he wants to text me, I would love to hear from him.

That's that. Here's to a good week. I have counseling today and I am happy about that. A lot of things have gone down the last 2 weeks and it will be nice to center myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment