Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I really hate dating

Craig. This kid is going to drive me nuts. What is it with 30 year old Mormon men with such HUGE commitment issues!?!?!? Seriously people, it is beyond irritating. Is he interested in me? Yes. Has he told me this? Yes. But he is only 50/50 on whether he is going to ask me out. WHAT?! I really was good and calm and understanding about it last night but today I am annoyed. He said he has been honest about where he was at this whole time. I will call BS on that one. He goes back and forth and while he says he may not ask me out, why are all of your actions and most of your words telling me that you want to be with me?! It doesn't make sense. And if you're still debating it, keep your mouth shut about it until you decide. I was fine NOT being interested in him until the last few weeks him bringing up how he debated asking me out because he was interested in me but is hesitant about asking me out because we are in the same social circles, same ward and his calling, and because we are already good friends and it would change the relationship. Then talking about us making out and him being jealous of Matt and SO MUCH MORE! Well let me tell you(and I told him) that my interest level changes A LOT and I freak myself out. But the thing that kills me is that why wouldn't you just try??? Seriously. That is where my hang-up lies. Even with my issues with him, that one thing of at least trying because of how comfortable we are together and how much fun we have together and our goals are in line, why wouldn't you at least give it a shot?! I hate dating.

3 comments:

  1. Yikes. Seriously, this kid needs to just take the plunge. What if the negative things he is worried about DON'T happen, and the best thing of all happens?? Seriously, the risk is worth it. But I can understand why he has to be emotionally ready... to prevent some major freakouts. :) You are the queen of patience... hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!!!
    That was kinda selfish of him to say those things - he wants to keep you on the hook, but not reel you in. LAME! Go take those lips somewhere else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megs-Yes, I agree with what you said. I don't know about the queen of patience but thank you. :)

    Larissa- I am trying to do it! :) I am in halfway mode with him. I pulled back and I will hang out there for a while, while pursuing other options.

    I still think dating sucks! But I love you both. :)

    ReplyDelete