Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Houston

I had such a great trip to Houston last weekend. I wanted to make sure and get it all down so that I don't forget the great time I had.

I picked up Matt Thursday morning and it was already perfectly comfortable and fun and that lasted the entire trip. We flew into Houston and checked in. The great part about the flight was that we didn't lack for things to talk about and when it was quiet, it was comfortable. We then went with one of my favorite people and her adorable boys to dinner. Matt was absolutely adorable and sweet with her boys. Then we went to the bar for the wedding party. I was stuck around chimneys the whole time but besides that, it was fun. We just talked with his friends and listened to the band. Then we went back to the hotel for the night.

Friday we woke up and went to the gym which was freaking awesome! Seriously, the gym was amazing. We both loved it and wanted to bring it back with us. After we had a good, long, hard workout, we went to this cute little diner for lunch. I had pancakes, bacon and sauces with eggs and cheese. :) Needless to say, it was a success. :) Then we went back and got in our suits and went to the pool. It was HOT!...and yes, very sweaty! But we just hung out in the pool. Then we went back and he had to start getting ready for the wedding and Becca was coming over to go to dinner. I fell asleep. Matt ended up tying his tie in this cool knot...eternity knot? It was sweet but he had to practice to get it right and I helped. Then Becca got there and we drove him to the wedding. Then Becca and I went and got dinner. I had the best queso and ate the whole bowl. :) And of course, ice cream had to happen. Matt was a horrible influence of good, clean eating. He was the one who told me to get the pancakes earlier. But it was great to have real conversation about everything with Becca and catch up on each other's lives. Love this woman so much. She is amazing. Then I went and picked up Matt from the wedding.

Saturday we woke up later and went to the gym around noon. We had a good workout and then decided that we needed food. So we both went back and got ready and went to dinner at this Mexican restaurant. It was good, but not great. Then we went to an Astros game and it was awesome. We then went to Denny's and had a hot fudge sundae.

Sunday, we woke up and he went to the airport and I went with Becca to meet up with some girls before church. It was so fun! Then we went to church and then I headed to the airport. I ate divine food there too! Craig picked me up that night.

One thing that sticks out so much that I kept thinking the whole time was how comfortable it was. I really didn't care what I ate. I didn't put on makeup until later in the day. I wasn't worried about making conversation or impressing him. It was just good to be there with a good friend. And it didn't hurt that he is attractive. But the nice thing was that I wasn't thinking about making out with him or anything happening, it was just safe. It was a great vacation.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a fun trip! Sounds like a blast. Good friends, who you are comfortable with, are the best. And it's kind of liberating to not wear makeup in front of a guy -- especially a guy who just likes you for you. FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love how good and comfortable it was. That was the best part about it. What we did was fun but just hanging out and being comfortable and laughing was the best part. :)

    ReplyDelete