Monday, April 15, 2013

He Knows Me

Last week on Friday, I had another answer to my prayer that I have been offering up for months. The prayer was to know that Heavenly Father knew what I wanted more than anything, to get married and have a "home". Last week as previously stated, I felt really alone. One thing about my personality is that I don't feel so hopeless when there is at least something in the works, some sort of possibility to help me get to my dream. The way my mind works is very goal oriented so steps help me feel progress. That is why this was an answer to me personally that He knew my dream and needs.

I had two real crushes on my mission. One of them was an Elder that I served with from the very beginning in the MTC. He is the only man shorter than me that I have ever considered wanting to date...like ever. We both served in our first area together and he really helped me get through it. Later after I came home, he asked me to go visit his sister because she was going through an impossible ordeal and he thought I could help. So of course, I did. His sister is one of my favorite people, even though I haven't talked to her in ages. Then he came home and 2 years later got married. It was a little sad for me but by then I had been dating someone else and it was more of a, well, that isn't ever going to pan out type of thing and moved on. Two years ago he got divorced. When he went to dental school he met a friend of mine from home and they ended up becoming roommates. Last year that elder was in town and I saw him for the first time after 4 years. I was in my own personal 10th circle of hell and he was dating someone. I tell you this not because anything is going to happen between us, but to show that there has been interest there for years. On Friday, he sent me a text making sure I was going to our friend's wedding and then we text messaged the rest of the day. Later that night I received an email from his roommate telling me that the elder from my mission would be my date to his wedding. Now I know this is so silly to even get my hopes up for, but even though it was silly, for Friday, it lifted my spirits and helped me feel an overall hope. Was Friday just a tender mercy, it is more than possible. But it was an answer to my prayer and I believe that it was Heavenly Father showing me He knows what is in my heart.

4 comments:

  1. So did you have fun?!?! :-) Cause finding happiness in each moment is sometimes what you have to hold onto when the big picture is too scary:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I have fun with the Elder at the wedding? No....it is in August...and the person getting married is someone you know. Our favorite dental student...

    I agree about trying to find happiness in each moment. Living in the moment is a struggle for me. But I do find happiness in each day. Today sucks a bit but I am sure there will be something good. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why did I read that and think it was LAST Friday?!?! I'm silly. And you are going to our favorite dental student's wedding?!?!?!?! LOVE that man!!!
    I suck at living in the moment too. I have this amazing co-worker (which are few and far between) who has helped me calm down a lot - he's a great example.
    And I think there is something to be said for those people in our lives who see something in us we don't see in ourselves. Call it our "divine potential," but think of all of those people who have had faith in you and trust you unfailingly (like I trust YOU!) even when you don't trust yourself...they are the people who see the truth. We all up in our crazy heads waaaaay too much:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to our favorite dental student's wedding! It will be fun!
    Thank you for commenting. :) Thank you for trusting me too. Yes, it is hard to trust me and others. And a big amen to being stuck in our heads way too much!! Seriously, boot camp is what helps clear it better than just about anything. Come! :)

    ReplyDelete