Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Nothing is as constant as change

Today a very good friend of mine and co-worker left the Hilton. She moved on to a promotion at another hotel. She will do amazing because she is amazing and amazing always come from those who are. That's a mouth full. :) It got me thinking about how nothing is as constant as change.

You can't live in the same place forever. Your relationships with others will never stay the same, they ebb and flow. Chances are pretty good you won't live in the same place forever. Life is about change. We should get used to it because it will continue to happen.

I have been very blessed. Since Craig and I talked, I really felt fine and didn't want to be with him and I was reminded that I wasn't that attracted to him. I have kept my distance for the first week because I knew it was good. But even in all of that, I wasn't sad and I was completely fine. Friday up in Bear Lake I was falling back into my good feeling security that he is for me where I am drawn to where he is. I am not the only one, he is guilty of coming right back to me as well. But the difference is that he is 99% sure he doesn't want to be with me more than friends. That was fine and dandy until yesterday. He had his shirt off at FHE for our water kickball and he has lost more weight and looked good. Boo! The issue with not being attracted to him is not as big an issue as before. Boo! But I just keep reminding myself that I felt relieved that I wouldn't be with him. It doesn't help that I love that safe feeling and no one else really gives that to me. I need to distance myself again. Oh well. I was very blessed for the last few weeks with not feeling anything. I hope that it will pass soon...very soon. Like now. :)

But what I wrote before is just another change. Our feelings change too. Changes are always happening. The only thing we can do in life is learn to accept them and make the most out of them. I really like a line from Sugarland's "These Are the Days", "...the hard times pass like the good ones do..." because it is so true. The good times come and then they go, the hard times come and then they go. It is like the seasons, after winter always comes spring. Change is inevitable. It may not feel great while it is changing but it will yield some great things if you let it. So here's to trying to be better at accepting change.

No comments:

Post a Comment