Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thinking

I've been thinking today about some things. I talked with one of my best friends on the phone and gave advice about his situation. It got me thinking. It isn't that "Saved by the Bell" is the perfect guy for me(He isn't) and that is why I am still hung up on him a little; it is simply because he was the last guy I dated worth mentioning. Yes, at the beginning, I missed him. But now that my head is fine with not being with him and only my heart wants to be with him when I see him, than I think it is that I haven't come across anything better for me. The person that was outdoing "Saved by the Bell" was "Wisconsin" and that is the person that my roommate started chasing. So in all truth, it isn't so much that I miss "Saved by the Bell", it is that I want to be with someone and he is the last person that I had deeper feelings for. That may sound harsh but it is true. While he truly is amazing, he simply isn't exactly what I picture my other half as being.

I want someone amazing. I frequently settle for going to be amazing, one day. I want an equal partner that will let me grow and not be jealous or irritated with my drive. I have to have someone who will be able to handle my feisty ways(at times). I want someone to sincerely love me for me. I don't want to hope for someone who has everything figured out now and has it together now because I don't know if that man exists, or if he will be interested in me. So that is why I choose to be interested in younger men who will one day be amazing and do amazing things with their lives because of who they are. Then those younger men freak out because I know who I am and what I want out of life. I do have it together for the most part and I would love someone to mirror that.

"Waiting patiently on the Lord..."(Doctrine and Covenants 98:2) I will do this, because I believe He who knows all things, will answer my prayers perfectly in His way and in His perfect time.

No comments:

Post a Comment