Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hmmm...

This week has been lovely and crazy all at the same time. I was set up on a date by my sweet assistant. Monday started out with him texting me....and that continued all day, every day this week until(and after) our date on Friday night. I laughed so hard at some of his texts. He is a funny man and I appreciate that because I LOVE to laugh...hard! But I don't really want to go into the details of what happened on the date on Friday or seeing him again on Saturday night.

While on the date, I learned that this man, we'll call him "Hot Teeth" :) , has a past of drinking and with going too far with girls according to LDS Church standards. He got his Temple recommend back 3 months ago. Let me also make it clear that he is a great guy. He is smart, handsome, ambitious, funny, loves college football and has other great qualities. But his testimony as far as I have heard and seen is not as deep as mine.

Two and a half years ago, I lost my Temple recommend for 3 months because of the choices I made with a guy I was dating. While I still read my scriptures and prayed every single day, it was the darkest time in my life. I felt empty and confused and rarely at peace. I never, ever want to go back to that. I never want to feel the way I did. I put in some hard work on my testimony every single day since and it has grown much deeper.

When "Hot Teeth" told me of his past, I got scared that I would lose my covenants with him, because let's be honest, he is delicious in all forms. But I was seriously terrified I would fall. I thought about it and honestly, I would never intentionally do anything to take me away or further away from Heavenly Father. I choose Him over everyone else. I prayed so hard that He would help me to not fall. I thought about other things as well. If I am stuck up about it, than I am denying that the Atonement works for everyone. And I know that the Atonement is given to all to repent and has all power to change anyone.

So I guess the moral of the story is, we'll see. But I know I will not do anything to jeopardize my current relationship with Heavenly Father....no matter how delicious "Hot Teeth" is.

No comments:

Post a Comment