Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Led

I feel like I am being led down the path I should be on. One of my close friends told me that when she was going through a hard time and things seemed dark, she said she would have deja vu and that was how she knew she was supposed to be there. I agree and I have had that happen.

I am all for looking forward in life. But I do think that glancing back is also important. I can look back at so many good choices and bad choices and see the Lord's hand in my life. He really was and is there every step of the way. He was there when I didn't invite Him into my life. He was there when I was confused and didn't know what to choose. He was there when I wasn't sure if I wanted to choose Him or my weakness. He was there and is there when I am stubborn and won't let Him help me. He is and will always be there for me. All I have to do is ask Him to help.

I am grateful for the good decisions I have made in my life that have miraculously got me where I am today. I am also grateful that the not so great choices I have made helped me learn where I really want to be. I can honestly say that when you go through a trial with the Lord, there is hope and peace with the pain and hard times. When you go through a hard time without the help of the Savior, it is even more unbearable and hopeless than you can even imagine. I have done both and I never want to do it again without His help.

Even though I don't understand exactly what is happening next in my life or when things will happen, I know it is okay. Heavenly Father knows exactly where I am and where He wants me to go and who He wants me to be. When I sincerely give my will to Him, there is more peace in my life. And that makes me know that I am being led by His hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment