Friday, November 15, 2013

Yep Again

Every few months I get to a point where everything seems to give out and I just cry and feel very discouraged about my single status. It is on days like this that it feels like they will never end and hope feels lost, even though I know that there is no such thing as lost hope with the Savior. There are a lot of days where I am good and I am very grateful for those. Last night and this morning have been rough. I asked Mike to my event tomorrow on Wednesday and it was light and easy breezy. He wrote me back last night right before I went into the Temple and said that he just started dating someone and her family was going to be in town. Earlier in the day I saw that Jared is going out and doing a ton with all of my friends in the ward and I believe he is dating snake girl. I have taken a step back because I don't want to hurt if I see him. He still hasn't done anything since our talk. I cried through most of the Temple session. Not because I was distraught about Mike dating someone or Jared, it was that my timing always seems to be off and that unhealthy feeling in the case of Jared that I am never the girl the guy chooses. Why am I not the girl the guy chooses? Thankfully for counseling and Heavenly Father's unending help, I feel like I am worth it and that they should and I don't understand why they wouldn't. It doesn't matter that I don't think Jared is my ideal and I am basically done with him, it's that again, I am here facing tomorrow with nothing on the horizon to make me feel like I am a step closer to getting married. And getting married is all I want. It is the gateway to so much that I can't do on my own. I can't control any part of this and that is hard. I can't just make it happen with hard work or looking beautiful. It is all in the Lord's timing and His way and His choice for a man for me(even though I will also have to choose that man). The nice thing is that I have grown and with the Mike thing, it wasn't that I felt that he didn't like me or it was me or anything like that, it was that timing is wrong, again. I prayed really hard through the Temple that I would feel that Heavenly Father's will was better than mine and that I would love it so much more. I prayed over and over for this and that I would be grateful for His timing and that there will come a time where I will be so grateful it didn't work out with anyone else because it was supposed to work with the right man. I prayed A LOT for timing and the love of the Lord's timing and not my own. Last night in the shower I couldn't stop from crying and feeling like if it is His will that I be single through mortality, than why do I have this desire that is stronger than any other desire in me besides following Heavenly Father, to get married. Really, besides choosing the Lord, there is nothing at all that is more important to me or a desire that I want more. Why would I have this desire if it is not going to work out? I don't understand. I want to understand His will. I want to feel that it is perfect because I know it is with my head. I wasn't mad at Heavenly Father, I was just distraught and disappointed. I loved what I felt with Mike. Those feelings were exactly how I want to feel when I am with the right person. Those were clear as day last week. But for right now, it isn't Mike. And the more time that passes and things I see or read and feel, Jared is not a great fit for me. My pride wants him to want me and my unhealthy ways, but when I feel peace, I am almost certain that he is a no or at least, that is what I feel I am being led to. I want my heart to feel lifted and to feel like I want to go out and have fun and not worry about feeling sad when I see Jared. I want to feel like there is hope and there is a man who is right for me even though there isn't anything at all on the horizon.

Blessings from last night: I knew others at the Temple. I somehow choked on my spit and couldn't stop coughing and crying(a truly beautiful sight, let me tell you)and the sweet girl next to me gave me a hard candy. Then I proceeded to open it and it fell, all the way up to the row in front of me. :) The girl grabbed it for me and I popped it in. It stopped the coughing. Also, there was a girl who hadn't been often and needed help and I was able to help her. I loved being able to help. Serving when things are hard is so good. I had some clothing issues in the Celestial Room and finally just put my head down and cried(yes, again) and kept pouring my heart out to Heavenly Father. Sweet Erin came and brought me a tissue(it was gross, I for sure needed it) and then gave me a hug. I didn't want to talk about what was wrong because there was no easy way to describe it and sharing so deep things from my heart are reserved for those closest to me because they are the ones I trust and I have learned that I can trust them. When I was leaving the Temple, Craig had waited for me. I smiled and past him and kept going to my car. He sent me a text asking how I was and if there was anything he could do. I told him a vague answer, not because I don't trust him, just because I was exhausted and didn't want to explain it all. He was sweet and sent me another nice one. I had messages from 2 of my close friends when I got out of the Temple who I knew I had asked Mike and that he had said no. My roommate sent me a text and asked how I was. It was nice to feel like I was cared about and I know that came from the Lord. I still don't feel great, but I am trying. I am grateful for the Lord's hand in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I know you've probably already moved on but from personal experience, the times get longer in between the breakdowns. I mean it takes a few years for them to completely subside but it does happen! I love you!! You are one of the most AMAZING people I know!!!

    ReplyDelete