Saturday, March 29, 2014

Yep, I am still learning

I have been blessed with opportunities lately to learn through dating and friendships. I really believe each experience helps us grow and be better prepared for our future. I also believe it furthers you down the path of who Heavenly Father wants us to be by fulfilling our potential as HE sees it, not us.

Joe. Wow was I definitely and instantly drawn to him on our first date. It was one of the very few times where I instantly felt safe, cared for and an equal. I also had a lot of chemistry with him. That was truly amazing. But even with those things, I was able to see the other side of him too. Although it did take a few weeks longer. I saw the his heart has been thrashed over the past 10 years and that he suffers from some serious things in the mental health world because of it. It doesn't make him a bad person, it just means that where he is currently at is not a place I want to be. It isn't healthy and because he isn't healthy, I would not be able to have a healthy relationship with him. I realized when everything was moving on that he was very selfish and narcissistic. It was because there is a black hole inside of him that he is trying to fill with love from others because he hasn't had it. That is what I did to Paige and that is a VERY heavy load to carry. It's not healthy and it isn't fair to the person carrying it. He needed to seek help to heal. Healing is good and healthy. I hope he gets the help he needs. I told him I had lost all interest in him and feeling and that I didn't want him to contact me that night or ever. I am not so black and white as to think that if I saw him in 2 years and he got help and we were both is a single place I wouldn't go out with him, but with where he is at, I don't want to tempt myself. I can't. I have spent 2 hard years healing myself.

Andrew. This one was hard. Not the hard that it usually is, the opposite. He was everything I am looking for on paper. He works in the Temple every week, he is 29, he has his Masters Degree, he is very kind and most of all, he really liked me. But after 4 dates and talking on the phone, there were some serious red flags. And I was just so upset at myself because I couldn't talk myself into caring for him and making that "it" factor come. It wasn't that I am not attracted to him because I am. It was that my gut was telling me no and I kept trying to give it more time to change the answer. Because frankly, it is not often when guys are so interest in me and focus on me. When I ended it, I was kind and told him all of the very good qualities he has. I have been given the shaft too many times and I never want to be that person. But I ended it and it was the healthy thing to do.

Matt. This friendship has taught me to trust and has blessed me in more ways than I believe I even know. Today my mom walked into my gym and signed up with Matt. This makes me feel sick inside for so many reasons. I can't protect her, I will have to help her, I will have to teach her, I can't be ashamed of not being a good daughter and pulling away among other things. Matt is going to give her a free training session. He is probably the only person I would want to do that. He will be kind to her and he will care for her because she is my mom. I realized that this is new. While I have opened up to guys, especially over the last 2 years, this is an area that I have never trusted any man with. My mom. Matt is helping me with that trust without even realizing it.

I am very grateful for the things I am learning. It's hard some days but in every day there is something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment